Croatia ‘Europe’s Rising Star’
Are you on the look out for something different this year? How about a mix of the tranquility of Italy and the buzzing vibes of Mexico’s nightlife? It’s time to introduce you to Croatia! With sapphire waters, Montenegro a short way to the Southeast and the Dinaric alps taking over much of the coast, it’s fast becoming one of the Mediterranean’s most fashionable places. Thomson holidays are calling it ‘Europe’s rising Star’, with beautiful landscapes coral reefs, pine groves, and even drinkable tap water! We can imagine why. Whilst part of the med, it also takes the largest area of the Adriatic Sea. With white sand soft beaches and picturesque scenery you really will feel a million miles away from home, but in fact your only be a two and a half hour flight away.
Dubrovnik is often a top mention of Croatia. This medieval city (also a film spot for award winning Game of Thrones) offers a beach and unique city break all in one. With the Adriatic Riviera on the doorstep, it can offer the perfect setting for a romantic mini break away for couples of any ages.Whilst it offers a medium climate during winter months, if you want to get the best use out of your bronzing oil then early June-late September is the best time to go. It’s when both the uv rays and festivals make a strong appearance.
The Licklist Team is all in agreement that Pag Island is the place to be. Home to Zrce beach, the party capital packed with sport facilities and high quality restaurants and also the winner of ‘the tidiest and most beautiful beach on the Adriatic’ by the Croatian tourist board. It’s a lively place but at the same time still manages to keep its sense of soothing beauty.
Now, what were all here for….the playtime part! The Croatian festivals scene is flourishing more than Michelle Keegans lips. Zrcre beach provides a summer full of trendy goings-on’s, here’s a couple to add to your consideration list.
1. Hideout Festival: The well known ‘Hideout’ festival is the ultimate event for house and electronic dance music fans. Thrown in with boat and pool parties laid in un-spoilt paradise. This year it’s set for Sunday 26th June-Thursday 30th. Featuring Redlight, Jamie XX and Skepta! Oh and Andy C, Gorgon City, Hannah Wants , Danny Howard and Stormzy. Full line-up here.
You can book apartments close to the festival sites from just £20 per night. Festival tickets themselves start from £135 (not bad for 4 days eh?). Hideout also offers their own Hideout holidays, which include flights accommodation and transfers. For those of you that just want an easy life! With We are Full Fat (the UK’s fastest growing boutique communications agency) swooping in to take charge of Hideout’s press, this event is sure going to get noticed.
As for flights to Croatia why not check our Martin Lewis’s easyjet flight tips!
2. Fresh Island: Zrcre beach is also home to Fresh Island festival ( a 3 day event taking place 12th-14 July) tickets from just 89 euros. This one is for the hip-hop and urban fans. 2016 line-up includes the delights of Wiz Khalifa and Tim Westwood. 5 and 7 night packages are available for fresh which include an apartment and pre party tickets https://croatia-wave.com/s/pac kages/official-fresh-island-fe stival-packages/. Other festivals include Ultra, Soundwave and Outlook.
If you don’t fancy a festival holiday, be sure to check into Zcre beach’s open-air venues at least once:
- Papaya offers spectacular night parties featuring famous dj appearances, find a few beach parties during the day as well! This open-air club is one not to be dismissed when visiting Croatia. If you’re not a hard raver then they’re always the option of chilling out in the luxurious VIP area whilst sipping on some summer fizz.
- Another contender is Kalypso , placed between lush green pine trees and boasting crystal blue sea views. Spend your day on the loungers sipping cocktails and then hit the open-air dance floor in the evenings.
- Last but not least, check our Aquarius. The clubs works all day as a beach bar and restaurant, and then in the evening is when the parties start. With cosy cabanas and summer pool houses, this is definitely a venue to put on the holiday itinerary.
Croatia has it all, for the party goers that have ‘been and done’ the whole Ibiza/Marbella scene, to the slightly more older twenties looking for a more sophisticated vacation. In case any of the above hasn’t tempted you, posh boy royalty Prince Harry has made an appearance on the island as well as music’s golden couple Beyoncé and Jay Z.
So get yourself hitched onto the Croatian frenzy this summer!