6 New Year's Resolutions That You Can Actually Keep!
As the New Year has arrived, so have cliché statements like ‘New year, new me!’. It’s that time of year when we try (but mostly fail) to make a few changes to our lives to ultimately better ourselves. Whether it’s cutting down on junk food/ alcohol, going to the gym more or even making more of an effort with friends, we all make these targets for ourselves. Here at Licklist we know only too well that some New Year’s Resolutions can be hard to stick to, so we’ve come up with a list that we think our readers should consider. We reckon these small changes can make a big difference, and the fact that they’re fairly easy to achieve means you’ll feel a lot better about being able to stick to them this year.
- Don’t Diet. Stop fooling yourselves, you’ll never stick to it. Diets are boring and hard to stick to so just cut down on junk food and eat more fruit and veg, and drink a ton of water- simples!
2. Don’t beat yourself up for not joining the gym again- find a form of exercise that you actually enjoy and you’re more likely to commit.
3. Go out more as a couple, or if you’re single go out with friends, but don’t make it be about hooking up with someone.
4. Cut down on drunk texting and being on your phone in general in a club.
5. Try a new bar/club. Try stepping out of the same old routine on a night out.
6. Be more spontaneous.
So what are your New Year’s Resolutions for 2015? Do any of the above tickle your fancy or perhaps you haven’t made any yet-or worse, have already failed? We’d love to hear your thoughts.
Happy New Year!
By Kayleigh Stevens